Mike Allen, Orbbis Partner for Finance & Strategy, is a highly experienced Financial and Strategic Consultant, Non-Executive Director and Business Coach/Mentor. He holds significant experience of M&A, transaction services and Private Equity projects. Here are a few highlights of key projects Mike has driven…
Recruitment Sector Businesses (various)
- Brought in as Non-
Exec Finance Director / part- time Finance Director by owners.
- Worked with the Boards to devise a Strategic Plan to achieve significant growth safely and to devise an Exit Plan, including succession planning.
- Significantly improved the quality, appropriateness, relevance and timeliness of Management Information, including designing a Business Dashboard –
single frame summary of KPIs, financial and non- financial, historic and forecast – and implementing the measurement of Business Centre profitability and contribution to overheads by Consultant.
- Implemented new funding strategies commensurate with the growth of the businesses.
- Improved the efficiency and effectiveness of the Finance functions.
IT Security Services Sector Business
- Worked with Board to design and implement new Strategic Plan in a very fast moving sector, resulting in the transformation of the Business into a market leading position.
- Improved the quality, appropriateness, relevance and timeliness of Management Information by designing a Business Dashboard and implementing the measurement of Profit Centre contribution to overheads.
- Worked with the Board to devise and implement a strategy to sell the Business.
- Worked closely with the CEO and Corporate Finance house to ready and market the Business for sale, including designing Business Plan Models to reflect future potential scenarios.
Events & Exhibition Design Management Business
- Worked with Business owners and Corporate Finance house to pull together financial information and commercial analysis required for the Information Memorandum and Financial Due Diligence process.
Food Service Sector Business
- Working with VC-
backed Business, supplying major household names in the fast food and casual dining sectors.
- Brought in as Group Non-
Exec Finance Director, after buy- out management buy- in deal.
- Implemented new control environment which was effective and efficient, whilst not stifling the entrepreneurial flare of the Business.
- Improved the quality, appropriateness, relevance and timeliness of Management Information by designing a Business Dashboard.
- Implemented a Cash Flow Management tool which enabled the Business’ debt to be repaid ahead of schedule.
- Worked with CEO to devise and implement a concise, value add and efficient Board Pack, which was also presented to the VCs and financiers each month.
- Worked with CEO and MD to devise and implement a Strategic Plan which was successful in significantly growing the business safely.
- Along with CEO, key liaison point with VCs and financiers.
Healthcare Sector Private Practice
Exec Finance Director (partnership, so no formal appointment).
- Implemented Management Information by designing a Business Dashboard and implementing metrics appropriate to the size and sector of the Business.
- Worked with Partners to devise and successfully implement Strategic Plan and Marketing Plan.
- Implemented Cash Flow Management tool, which reduced the working capital cycle of the Business.
Commercial Finance Arm of Major European Bank
- Conducted reviews of potential borrowers to assess the quality of the company’s asset base available for security, as well as the strength of business controls.
Construction & Move Management Sectors Business
- Significantly improved Management Information and profitability through designing a Business Dashboard, implementing cash flow forecasting and strengthening controls.
- Worked with Directors to devise and implement Strategic Plan and Marketing Plan.
- Refinanced company, increasing the availability of working capital to fund expansion.
- Worked with Directors to devise an Exit Plan, including succession planning.