With an operational team that consisted of a 25% female to 75% male gender split, an International B2C brand engaged with Orbbis to provide a talent consultancy report which offered specific solutions to resolve the challenge of recruiting for a robust and diverse workforce.
In light of global talent constraints in STEM careers, this business was faced with the challenge of recruiting a robust and diverse workforce, particularly within a specific organisational department which was positioned below the company average, consisting of a 25% female to 75% male gender split. Priding itself on a strong workforce tenure, this business experienced a structural gap within the organisational design of this team and so was seeking a talent consultancy report to support greater investment into organisational design, process improvements, culture and attitudes with a specific focus on: –
- Additional talent pool channels, to increase diversity and accessibility
- How best to effectively engage with different candidates in the market
- Competitor market analysis
- Improved attraction, recruitment and retention strategies the business
Broster Buchanan consulted on the following areas and as a result this business reviewed their HR strategy in alignment with many of the recommendations; they plan to partner with Broster Buchanan in the future to deliver the remaining deep-dive recommendations.
- Standardise job specifications to ensure structure and language is consistent and appeals to a diverse talent pool
- Track rejected candidates via the ATS and talent pool these candidates for future engagement
- Conduct an internal culture and process review to track the end-to-end recruitment process; conduct a candidate experience assessment
- Promote hard to fill roles with key role models who support the image of diversity and top talent in the business
- Promotion of apprenticeship scheme
- Manage online reputation
- Look to develop a relocation packages for hard-to-fill positions
- Development of further training, learning and development strategies
- Identification and management of a local market talent pool
- Ongoing review and development of reward and recognition strategies
- Conduct an organisational infrastructure review
- Implement a mentoring and reverse mentoring scheme
- Develop school engagement project
Orbbis deliver management consultancy through industry experts. Using the expertise and insights that our Orbbis Partners have built up, we create high-value, cost effective solutions to drive sustainable change and transformation across all business lines.
If you would like to find out more you can get in touch here.