Jeremy is an experienced corporate and employee incentives lawyer who has successfully led practices in Big 4 firms and within US and UK law firms. Advising on company law, employee incentives and equity & debt investment he has consulted on almost 25 transactions in the past year, from both the buy and sell sides. His clients range from start-ups to multinationals.
Jeremy advises businesses on how to structure their strategy so that they are not only legally compliant but also more effective and able to achieve their strategic aims. He is an extremely experienced corporate and employee benefits lawyer at the highest level but also has significant business experience and works with numerous companies to achieve investment and exits.
With over 22 years of experience working with many types of business, Jeremy’s practice includes the following areas of work:
- Advising SMEs on their incentives and share structures, including growth shares, employee shareholder shares, Enterprise Management Incentive options, Company Share Option Plans, Share Incentive Plans and SAYE plans as well as bespoke arrangements.
- Advising on employee benefit trust arrangements including advising on historical liability issues.
- Negotiating with HMRC, the FCA and other regulators on incentive and benefit matters.
- Assisting in fundraisings and advising private equity, venture capital, management and other stakeholders.
- Advising quoted companies on their share incentives and boardroom pay issues. This includes advising the Remuneration Committee on their obligations and helping to negotiate with institutional shareholders and brokers;
- Advising various foreign multinationals on their roll out of incentives and/or international assignments in the UK
- Advising UK multinationals on their expat assignments;
- Managing international roll-outs of equity and employment arrangements and liaising with local experts around the world to provide cross-border advice;
- Advising companies on their transactions including takeovers, reconstructions, IPOs etc
- Advising on regulatory issues relating to remuneration including the Remuneration Code, Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive and Solvency II.
“Jeremy advises clients in the area of corporate governance and remuneration and is clearly able to provide robust commercial advice to Boards and Remuneration Committees on such controversial matters as executive pay and contracts. From my dealings with him, he comes across as extremely proficient and knowledgeable about his area but also very keen to develop innovative solutions for his clients. He is also very interested in the business of law and I would consider him a thought leader in the new business structures for law firms.
Peter Giblin, Visiting Professor, Faculty of Management, Cass Business School